Subscribe to LexTalk to stay on top of today’s legal issue and trends.
Catapult Your Career |
Industry Insights & Trends |
Product Training & Tips
Do you feel you are unbalanced in regards to your work-life balance? If so try taking this quick quiz from Business News Daily to gauge how balanced you are. Answer each question with True or False and see how balanced (or unbalanced) you really are.
1. __________ My life and work demands often interfere with each other.
2. __________ Someone else has control over my work schedule.
3. __________ It's a struggle to get time off from work when I need to.
4. __________ I spend a lot of time responding to personal emails and phone calls when I am at work.
5. __________ I don't have time to exercise at least three times a week.
6. __________ I have had to give up most of my hobbies.
7. __________ I sleep less than 8 hours per night on a regular basis.
8. __________ I have frequent headaches and/or stomach aches.
9. __________ I catch myself making mistakes on the job increasingly often.
10. __________ It is important to check my phone and email when I leave work.
11. __________ It is hard to shift my focus of attention to the issue at hand.
12. __________ I find myself worrying a lot about how I'll get everything done.
13. __________ I work more than 40 hours a week.
14. __________ It's hard not to be irritable and lose my temper.
15. __________ I don't have enough time to relax.
16. __________ I frequently have to deal with work emergencies when I am not there.
17. __________ I am tired all the time.
18. __________ My family and friends are routinely upset at me for not being available to them.
19. __________ I am often needed outside of work during work hours.
20. __________ I drink more than 3 cups or shots of caffeinated drinks per day.
Mostly True: You're taking on too much. You are in serious danger of incurring a stress-related illness or injury, having a major personal problem, or getting fired.
Equally True and False: You may be at risk of burning the candle at both ends. You might want to examine your commitments, responsibilities and level of control over your life.
Mostly False: You have a good fit for work and life demands. You take care of yourself.
So how’d you do? Are you shocked with your results? Let us know your thoughts below.
If you are interested in other work / life balance articles – check out these LexTalk posts:
Include your comment in the ‘Join the Conversation’ text box at the bottom of this string. Register to LexTalk and join the conversation.