Subscribe to LexTalk to stay on top of today’s legal issue and trends.
Catapult Your Career |
Industry Insights & Trends |
Product Training & Tips
Making a good impression is always key when building relationships. Likewise, solo attorneys strive to have a respectable reputation, both in-person and online. However, that can be hard to do with the increasing power the internet holds. It can be hard for solos to overcome any shame associated with anything negative posted online. According to SoloinColo, here are four things to consider:
1. A Negative Online Reputation May Not be Your Fault
A negative online reputation could be a result of one angry client or former co-worker. Well-written comments that are very persuasive can be trouble for solos, even if it happened years ago.
2. What is Online Reputation Management? This involves monitoring the internet for any negative comments or reviews. Having a quick response to a negative comment is vital and it’s even better to have damage control measures set in place.
3. Be Aware of What is Being Said About You
There are two ways to be aware of what is being said about you:
1. Conduct your own search daily
2. Hire a Reputation Management Firm to conduct the searches for you and give guidance on how to approach any negative activity.
4. A Problem With Negative Comments Published Online The problem that arises when comments are published on the web is that they’ll never go away. While some believe it is just best to ignore them, doing nothing may actually do harm to you. One of the best tactics is to respond quickly with the appropriate action.
Do you have any other tips in regards to online reputation? If so, share in the comment box below!