Subscribe to LexTalk to stay on top of today’s legal issue and trends.
Catapult Your Career |
Industry Insights & Trends |
Product Training & Tips
On December 2nd, Lexis Nexis held a webinar hosted by Allison Quering giving users insight on the new Lexis Advance®. For those who were unable to make it, here is an overview of what you missed:
Five Common Fears of Lexis Advanced®
1. I’m afraid of incurring a large bill for my client – they just don’t want to pay for research like they used to!
2. I’ve heard that on Lexis Advance, you have to use Natural Language…I prefer Boolean Search Logic!
3. It takes too long to learn a whole new platform! You can’t teach an old dog new tricks!
4. I like “old Lexis”- Lexis.com®; why did you have to change?
5. Do I have to get a whole new id and password for Lexis Advance®? It seems like I learned my Lexis.com id and password yesterday!
Top 10 things you can ONLY do on Lexis Advanced® that will save you TIME , and your clients MONEY
1. History Saved for 90 days versus 2:00 am on Lexis.com
2. Theres no limit to the number of documents you can retrieve versus 10,000 document limit on Lexis.com- never miss a key document
3. Pulling up to 100 citations in the Red Search Box versus 30 on Lexis.com
4. The ability to pull over 1 million West Law cites
5. FREE to search- average savings of $60 per search to client
6. FREE Legal issue trail
7. FREE Topic Summary Report
8. Integrated Web Results- saves TIME
9. Shepard’s Grid- quickly gauge who is talking about your case and what they are saying
10. Word Wheel- Suggestion of phrases, cases and content
If you want to hear the entire webinar you can watch it here!