Subscribe to LexTalk to stay on top of today’s legal issue and trends.
Catapult Your Career |
Industry Insights & Trends |
Product Training & Tips
(Please visit the site to view this video)
This post describes the basics of Document Delivery on Lexis Advance include saving to a folder, printing, downloading and emailing. This post will also provide a short overview about using other options such as printing, downloading, and emailing.
1. Once a list of results has been retrieved, you may choose from one of several delivery options (highlighted below):
Saving to a folder (highlighted in yellow);
Printing (highlighted in green);
Downloading (highlighted in purple);
Emailing (highlighted in blue); or,
Printer friendly view (highlighted in red).
2. When downloading documents, place a check mark next to the documents you want delivered (highlighted below in green), then click on the download icon (highlighted below in red).
3. From the download icon, you will be brought to the “Basic Options” tab where you may choose to download the ‘Selected documents’ or ‘Results list.’ (Both highlighted below in yellow.)
Helpful Tip: The ‘Selected documents’ option will download the documents you checked off; whereas, the ‘Results list’ will download the cite list for the first 250 results. ‘Document type’ provides you the options to download as a PDF, word document, word perfect, or into Case Map which is special fact and issue management software available from LexisNexis.
4. Next you can choose your formatting options where your personal choices can be reflected such as the ability to include a cover page, the preferred location of page numbers, the font type and more.
Helpful Tip: The options you have chosen will apply from session to session until you modify them. The format options vary depending on what you deliver. For instance, the format options for delivering a results list vary from those for delivering full text documents.
5. By selecting the ‘Content Specific Options’ tab, you are able to include a dual or single column, choose to include the Shepard’s signal, and more.
Helpful Tip: Content specific options also vary based on what is being delivered. Like the format options, these will remain from session to session.
Helpful Tip: The options are similar when emailing documents. Lexis Advance will remember the last person to whom you sent the email, and will often provide other suggestions for other people you have also recently sent documents to. There is a space to fill in a subject line and a message.
In addition to delivering individual cases or a results list, you can also deliver the results of a Shepard’s report. The options appear similar to the ones available when delivering an individual document or a series of documents. The selections include delivering the full text of selected documents as well as the option to deliver the Shepard’s report for the case you have Shepardized.
Find out what else you can do on the new Lexis Advance by accessing more how-to posts on LexTalk.
Explore the new Lexis Advance® for yourself—take the interactive tour. You’re going to LOVE what we’ve done with it.