Subscribe to LexTalk to stay on top of today’s legal issue and trends.
Catapult Your Career |
Industry Insights & Trends |
Product Training & Tips
How to give a presentation that customers, colleagues, and co-workers, will talk about long after you're done talking. Seven core truths that transform an average presentation into a killer one.
1. Never lecture and don’t’ force people to listen to you read your slides.
2. Appeal to emotion by structuring your presentation as a journey through series of emotions, rather than a series of facts.
3. Tell stories, which will create the emotional response you're seeking.
4. Use signposts, aka as slides that contain facts, graphics, or tables that either point to where you want your audience to go or tell it when it has arrived.
5. Keep it simple by never putting up a slide or show a video that's not immediately and easily understandable.
6. Get personal making each person in the audience feel as if you were talking to him or her personally, even if you "target" only a few people.
7. Use the 20/20 rule by cutting your presentation to 20 minutes or fewer and rehearse your presentation 20 times or more.
The above is an excerpt published at inc.com