Subscribe to LexTalk to stay on top of today’s legal issue and trends.
Catapult Your Career |
Industry Insights & Trends |
Product Training & Tips
Workers dreaming of their summer getaway this year may want to think again after a report warned four in ten staff return from their holiday feeling more stressed than when they left. According to an article Summer holidays stress workers out more than being in office featured via The Telegraph, these 5 tips can help employees have a stress-free break, and return refreshed.
1. Hand over your work properly to colleagues giving clear guidelines on what they need to do in your absence.
2. Automatically filter your emails into urgent and non-urgent folders.
3. Tell key contacts you'll be away so they won't email you.
4. Limit contact with the office. If you absolutely must, check emails once a day only.
5. Meet with team members first on your return rather than checking your emails.
What do you think? In my opinion, I am not sure people really will stop emailing me while I am away, as point #3 alludes, but there is always hope.